[registrars] Recapitulations of nominations, BEAST, Nomcom, GNSO Representative.

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Thu Dec 23 03:09:54 UTC 2004

Robert F. Connelly wrote:

> Nomcom Representative:
>
> Nominations were opened on 1 December 2004.
>
> Tom Barrett was nominated on 13 December 2004, he accepted and was seconded.  He
> has submitted his conflict of interest statement.
>
> Elliot Noss was nominated and seconded on 20 December 2004.  We have not
> received his acceptance and conflict of interest statement.

<snip>

> The Rules are confusing because they refer to a nomination as a "motion".  The
> text had been cut and pasted from the section on Motions.  Note the reference in
> red,  *call for motion and call for discussion*, which make little sense for a
> nomination.  However, it would appear that the drafters intended to have
> nominations held open for 14 days.  That said, Elliot's nomination came after
> the closing.  I propose that we either elect Tom Barrett by acclamation or that
> I post a ballot with only one candidate.
>
> I await your comments.

I'd like to formally request a "bend" of the rules to allow Elliot's
nomination. In addition to a heavy travel schedule this month, I've been
laid up with a minor, but confining, injury. As a result, I haven't been
in the office since November :) Compounding this is the fact that Elliot
is still in Africa and hasn't had great connectivity over the past week.
Although I know he has every intention of accepting his nomination and
I'd do it on his behalf if I could, I can't guarantee when he will do so.

I know this sounds like a hard luck story, but these are the facts :).
Special consideration in this instance would be appreciated, but I also
understand this might not be possible.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

--

                       -rwr

Contact info: http://www.blogware.com/profiles/ross
Skydasher: A great way to start your day
My weblog: http://www.byte.org