[registrars] Transfer policy

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Tue Feb 10 22:43:23 UTC 2004

On 2/10/2004 5:32 PM Elana Broitman noted that:

> Agreed that this step in the process is about implementation - not policy change.  But, as we went through the implementation process, we realized that most issues were subject to several interpretations and tweaks, which did not change the overall policy recommendation, but did allow for better implementation.  Therefore, this is the time for suggestions from the registrars, who will be most affected by the process.

Your general observations are correct, however in this specific
instance, there is no policy support for the additional constraint -
regardless of which interpretation you choose.

It would be prudent to let registrars comment on the implementation
rather than trying to rally for another round of policy development.
I've pointed out several times that there is a review mechanism built
into this policy that allows the GNSO (ergo the RC, ergo individual
registrars) to affect the policy, post-adoption. If there is a strong
need to add additional constraints or otherwise modify the existing
recommendations, it would be more appropriate to avail ourselves of the
review process.

	-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one
indispensable condition for social progress."
	- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)