[registrars] Transfer policy

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Wed Feb 11 10:57:17 UTC 2004

On 2/11/2004 1:45 AM Christophe Wolfhugel noted that:

>>http://www.icann.org/transfers/.
>

> Why is this policy willing to rule the language of communication
> between registrars and their customer, or even court ?

One of the goals of the policy was to ensure uniformity and
predictability of the process from both a registrar and registrant
perspective.

Gaming and an unwillingness to recognize the larger interests of the
industry by the few are almost solely responsible for creating the
additional transactional costs that you refer to.

Personally, I believe these costs are justified given the outcome
contemplated by the policy. But you are right, there are additional
costs of doing business as a result of this implementation.

	-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one
indispensable condition for social progress."
	- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)