[registrars] GNSO election for ICANN Board seat number 13

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Feb 12 23:16:49 UTC 2004

Hello Elana,

The GNSO elects two ICANN Board members.

Seat #13 (currently held by Alejandro Pisanty) expires
six months after the annual meeting in 2003 (held on 31 Oct 2003) ie 30
April 2004
(note seat #10 elected by the ASO also expires at this time)

The current election will be for a two year term starting 30 April 2004.

Seat #14 (currently held by Michael Palage) expires
six months after the conclusion of ICANN's annual meeting in 2004

With respect to other seats - it is quite complicated - here is the text
from the bylaws:
Subject to the provisions of the Transition Article of these Bylaws, the
regular term of office of Director Seats 1 through 14 shall begin as
follows:

a. The regular terms of Seats 1 through 3 shall begin at the conclusion
of ICANN's annual meeting in 2003 and each ICANN annual meeting every
third year after 2003;

b. The regular terms of Seats 4 through 6 shall begin at the conclusion
of ICANN's annual meeting in 2004 and each ICANN annual meeting every
third year after 2004;

c. The regular terms of Seats 7 and 8 shall begin at the conclusion of
ICANN's annual meeting in 2005 and each ICANN annual meeting every third
year after 2005;

d. The regular terms of Seats 9 and 12 shall begin on the day six months
after the conclusion of ICANN's annual meeting in 2002 and each ICANN
annual meeting every third year after 2002;

e. The regular terms of Seats 10 and 13 shall begin on the day six
months after the conclusion of ICANN's annual meeting in 2003 and each
ICANN annual meeting every third year after 2003; and

f. The regular terms of Seats 11 and 14 shall begin on the day six
months after the conclusion of ICANN's annual meeting in 2004 and each
ICANN annual meeting every third year after 2004.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin