[registrars] FW: RC TREASURER

Elana Broitman ebroitman at register.com
Fri Feb 13 16:23:56 UTC 2004

Dear All - Please note that Paul Westley has decided to resign as Constituency Treasurer.  He has kindly agreed to continue to manage the constituency funds until a new Treasurer is elected.  I hereby open the process for nominations for a new Treasurer.  In the interest of effectiveness and efficiency, the person elected in this round would be asked to serve through the end of the current term, which expires this Spring, and through the following year, which expires in the Spring of 2005.

Following is the description of Treasurer.

3.4.3. The Treasurer, who shall
3.4.3.1. Manage Constituency bookkeeping and accounting
3.4.3.2. Make recommendations for and prepare an annual Constituency budget
3.4.3.3. Act as liaison with ICANN and Names Council budget staff and the Budget Committee;
3.4.3.4. Collect membership fees; and
3.4.3.5. Report activities of interest and import to the Constituency on a regular basis, but no less than every ninety (90) days.
3.4.4. The Vice Chair & Technology LiaisonOfficer, who shall
3.4.4.1. Monitor and report to the Constituency on technical issues relating to the domain name system, including registries' compliance with Registry Service Level Agreements (SLAs),
3.4.4.2. Monitor developments within the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), and other technical developments, as appropriate.
3.4.4.3. Facilitate the development of Constituency consensus on technology issues.
3.4.4.4. Report activities of interest and import to the Constituency on a regular basis, but no less than every ninety (90) days; and
3.4.4.5. Act as Chairperson in situations when the Chairperson is temporarily unavailable to do so.

Following is the process:

I.	ELECTIONS

While any candidate can be discussed for an unlimited amount of time on the list, in meetings, by phone, following is the formal process for Members to vote on candidates for Elected Office.

1)	Nomination of a candidate shall submit such candidate's name to the Constituency mailing list. Such nomination may be accompanied by the Proponent's endorsement of the candidate.

2)	Proponent must have one additional endorsement, and the nominee must accept, in order to file the nomination.  Such filing is accomplished by sending the nomination and endorsement by electronic means to the Constituency's Secretary. [CLARIFICATON: 1 NOMINATION + 1 ENDORSEMENT + ACCEPTANCE + STATEMENT OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST]

3)	The Constituency Secretary will publish the motion and call for discussion immediately and in no case later than within 48 hours of receiving the nomination from the Proponent.

4)	Discussion of the motion will be held open on the Constituency list for no less than 14 days.  The Chair will moderate the discussion on the list or at any meeting or call, as applicable.  [CLARIFICATION: TIME FOR NOMINATIONS ARE 2 WEEKS FROM THE DATE OF THE FIRST NOMINATION]

5)	During such time, other candidates may be nominated by the same methods as those described for the original nomination.

6)	In no case will the time for publishing the nomination to the list and the discussion be less than 14 days after the Secretary publishes the motion.

7)	Any member can call for a vote after the 14-day period post-publication.  The ballot will not be published less than 4 days after any modification of the motion and will only include the names of such candidates as have filed a conflict of interest form per the Constituency Bylaws Section 4.6.

8)	The Chair will direct the Secretary to create and publish the ballot.  The ballot will remain for inspection and possible amendment for 48 hours prior to the vote.

9)	The ballot will allow for a vote on each of the nominees.

10)	The Secretary will call the vote and keep it open for no less than 7 days, other than in exceptional circumstances which the Secretary will notify to the list beforehand.

11)	The candidate with the greatest number of votes cast will be declared the winner.

13) All Members that have registered to vote pursuant to Section 4.5.1.6 prior to the call for the vote will be eligible to vote on the ballot.

Elana Broitman
Register.com
575 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018