[registrars] Verisign sues ICANN over WLS and Sitefinder

Jean-Michel jmbecar at gmo.jp
Fri Feb 27 00:58:49 UTC 2004

This story makes me think if we shouldn't separate the registry and the
zone root file operation functions . I don't really see them compatible
in term of interests. one is purely commercial (the registry) and the
other is for the sake of running internet so it's purely public interest
(the TLD root zone file management).

Having a such separation the registry won't be able to do whatever they
want with the DNS ... but I guess the registry contracts with ICANN
already contain the DNS management so will be hard to change.

Just a thought.
Jean-Michel Becar