[registrars] Verisign sues ICANN over WLS and Sitefinder

Michael Bilow mbilow at registrationtek.com
Fri Feb 27 12:46:21 UTC 2004

* From the Associated Press (by Anick Jesdanun, staff):

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/business/national/8050595.htm
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/business/technology/8050595.htm
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/technology/AP-Internet-Oversight.html

Includes quotes or attributions from:

	Jonathan Weinberg, law professor, Wayne State University
	Kieran Baker, ICANN spokesman (no comment)
	Michael Froomkin, law professor, University of Miami
	Tom Galvin, vice president of government relations, VeriSign

* From ZDNet (by Declan McCullagh, CNet):

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-5165982.html

Includes quotes or attributions from:

	Galvin
	Froomkin
	John Jeffrey, ICANN general counsel (not reached)

* From Reuters (newer, by Andy Sullivan, staff)

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?storyID=4449883

Includes quotes or attributions from:

	Galvin
	Derek Newman, Seattle lawyer

* From the Washington Post (by David McGuire, staff):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A9415-2004Feb26

Includes quotes or attributions from:

	Galvin
	Mark Lewyn, chairman, Paxfire Inc.
	Baker (no comment)
	Stratton Sclavos, VeriSign chief executive

(I have no idea why the Washington Post thinks the Chinese write using
"Chinese hieroglyphics," though.  Maybe they mean "ideographs."  They
should properly say "characters.")

* From Slashdot: