[registrars] WIPO II

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Mon Jan 26 17:36:54 UTC 2004

On 1/26/2004 11:53 AM Robert F. Connelly noted that:

> Dear Registrars:  This morning during the WIPO II teleconference, I
> relayed a grievance presented by several of our members that some of the
> vendors for panels under the UDRP are though to lack objectivity and to
> favor the arguments of the challenger as opposed to the respondents.
>
> Jonathan Cohen, the Chair of the "committee" disagreed.  He has offered
> to present his figures at our meeting in Rome.  Will such be of interest
> to our members in attendance?

An objective discussion of the facts would be most interesting. Are
their also specific policy implications to this discussion?

	-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one
indispensable condition for social progress."
	- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)