[registrars] Budget item -- business continuity plan

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Wed Jun 30 13:38:36 UTC 2004

Damn Bob, that had me laughing.

On the other list (union of micro-revolutionary-registrars) I've been
attempting to point out that no registrar actually notices when ICANN
doesn't answer the phone, and therefore that a wicked expensive BCP is
either padding, or some other ICANN constituency actually cares more
than registrars do, if the phone rings for a while. Incidently, that
"cares more" is actually conjecture on my part. No one seems to know
why there is a BCP on budget.

Now, back to the classical "who pays" rather than "for what" ping-pong
between the fixed and the transactional camps.

Eric