[registrars] FW: [dow1tf] TR: IPC constituency statement for Whois TF1

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Tue Mar 30 16:07:12 UTC 2004

On 3/29/2004 7:05 PM Paul Stahura noted that:

> I don't think that TF1 is focused on technical solutions,

Hm. Perhaps I should re-read the IPC submission, but it seems to take
a very technical approach to what is obviously a policy issue.

 > If you or
> any registrar has any policy recommendations or statements regarding whois
> data mining, please send me a note, or post them to the list, and I will
> include them in the draft.

I believe that currently practices are generally acceptable (i.e. -
the market is generally doing a good job with meeting demands here)
but that we need to have the capability to deny service to users that
are data-mining the interfaces. Accessibility concerns are generally
not well-dealt with by current implementations, so I'd like to see
some further discussion around those issues as well.

--

                        -rwr

                 "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                            All life is an experiment.
                             The more experiments you make the better."
						- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org