[registrars] FW: [dow1tf] TR: IPC constituency statement for Whois TF1

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Wed Mar 31 14:20:40 UTC 2004

Paul,

I agree with Ross' comments below for the most part.

By severely restricted, I meant that it should only be used to facilitate
transfers, and only then until something better is decided on. I was not
arguing anything about the data collected or displayed.

But regarding that, I don't see a need for, or agree with, any change to the
data collected or displayed, at least based on any of the arguments or
reasoning that I've seen or heard to date.

Also, I am only talking about direct access to port 43. I see no problem
with, and am not recommending any change to, the Web based access to Whois
as long we can continue to protect it from scripting or high volume access.

Tim