[registrars] Fwd: Press Release of 26/03/2004, United Nations ICT Task Force

elliot noss enoss at tucows.com
Wed Mar 31 23:44:35 UTC 2004

For greater clarity, my comments to Eric were relative. I have asked
numerous people in numerous forums who complain about ICANN to provide
me with a model for governance that is more transparent and more open
and could be used as an ideal for ICANN to move toward.

The only answer I have ever received in maybe ten times I asked this was
one person who suggested the IETF. I would differ in substance with this
on numerous grounds, the most important of which is that the IETF (which
I think is quite appropriate for its subject matter) deals with narrow
technical issues and if you do not bring a technical view to the
discussion you are not part of it. Full stop.

Anyways, Eric didn't answer either. So the challenge stands......

Regards

--
Elliot Noss
Tucows Inc.