[registrars] My bio and my conflict of interest.

Jean-Michel Becar jmbecar at gmo.jp
Sat May 8 01:38:13 UTC 2004

This will help people who don't know me yet :-)
Jean-Michel

My bio:

French, born in 1965, and today living in Japan.
Jean-Michel have been studied physics and computer sciences at the
university of Nice and published
"SQL Server from Sybase" the result of his research work.

He started his career in early 90's working for IBM as a Telecom
engineer and then as
project leader for Digital Equipement Corporation.
He spent 7 years working for the European Telecom Standard Institue
(ETSI) where
he became the ETSI representative in all the Internet bodies like CORE,
RIPE, IETF and ICANN.

Finally in 2001 he went to Japan and worked as Senior Architect for
Global Media Online INC. (GMO) in Tokyo.

Conflict of interest:

I'm part of the Global Media Online INC. management team which is a
Japanese Internet provider, web hosting and
Registrar of ccTLDs and gTLDs.
GMO has 5.7% shareholding in Afilias for investement purposes only, my
company and I are not involve in any way
in Afilias operations.
I don't hold any other offices and are not affiliated to any other company.