[registrars] Some thoughts on the ICANN budget

Donny Simonton donny at intercosmos.com
Thu May 13 03:28:11 UTC 2004

Jay,
That's exactly what we will be doing.  If registrar A collects a payment for
8 years of domain registrations, they pay immediately to ICANN 8 years of
fees.  Then if in year 2 the customer transfers the domain to another domain
registrar, the new registrar is only responsible for the 1 year
transfer/renewal.

Donny