[registrars] EPP transfer

Larry Erlich erlich at domainregistry.com
Mon May 17 17:00:11 UTC 2004

Elana Broitman wrote:

> Mike - Yes, this was raised and we all understand that point.

I heard that the requirements were different but
I did not hear that basically .com and .net were not required
under ALL circumstances to implement EPP.

So with regard to this:

>(1) The IETF working group defines a protocol standard; (2) the
> standard can be implemented in a way that minimizes disruption to customers;
> and (3) the standard provides a solution for which the potential advantages
> are reasonably justifiable when weighed against the costs that VGRS and its
> registrar customers would incur in implementing the new standard.

Has anyone calculated the cost/benefit of this move
for .com .net? (No.) Given this I would fully suggest that we explore this
and take a position that unless proven otherwise the cost
does not outweigh the "potential advantages".

Larry Erlich

http://www.DomainRegistry.com