[registrars] RE: Appeal to ICANN Finance committee to modify ICANN Budget proposal

Jean-Michel Becar jmbecar at gmo.jp
Thu May 20 10:33:53 UTC 2004

I reread again and again the document and talking with my colleagues we
realized that the real problem is not how to finance...the real problem
is the budget itself....100% increase and the biggest part of the
increase is paid by the registars :-(

ICANN wants to increase its budget of almost U$8M and us, registrars we
will pay U$6.4M of the increase....is it fair????

So I think we should try to find a way to make this budget revised to a
lower level:

Does ICANN really needs 59 people to operate?
Does ICANN really needs more than US$2M for Board Meetings and Other
travels? (I'm able to travel to each ICANN meeting for US$4000 ~ 5000
and I'm living in the most expensive country for the flight tickets)
Why ICANN should be involved in the IDN promotion shoudn't be the
registries?

Jean-Michel