[registrars] ICANN budget.

Robert F. Connelly rconnell at psi-japan.com
Tue May 25 06:37:28 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues:  I've stayed out of this discussion till now.  Here's my take:

1. ICANN should treat registrars alike, large and small.

2. A large flat fee penalizes small registrars.  A fee system based upon
numbers of domains registered, with minimal fixed fees, is more equitable.

3. More of ICANN's resources are expended upon the larger registrars.

4. Most especially, large registrars with many resellers probably cause
many more vexing problems for ICANN, they are certainly a problem for *all*
registrars.

Respectfully submitted, BobC, writing for registrar PSI-Japan.