[registrars] 66% needed for approval

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Fri May 28 15:18:50 UTC 2004

> Was the process perfect this year? No. Kurt admitted that
> himself. But the ICANN staff engaged in more outreach this
> year than in any previous year I am aware of. And in our

I would not call asking top 15 registrars as an outreach. I would call it a
selective segment approach.

> dealings with them they have been more open and responsive to

I would use the word responsive if CHANGES ARE MADE after all our
discussion. Its too early to use the word responsive

> Our vote may not affect our involvement in the ICANN process
> overall, but I am convinced it could certainly affect the
> level of outreach to registrars in subsequent years budget
> formulations.

And have you considered the fact that there may not BE TOO MANY REGISTRARS
to OUTREACH next year if this budget remains the way it is?

> We should think our response through, and its long term
> impact, very carefully.

"long term" is precisely the idea we have in our mind too

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, CEO and Chairman
DirectI