[registrars] Problems of Transfers of registrant by domain name brokers

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Tue Nov 16 18:23:56 UTC 2004

Dear Registrars:

Recently, we have become aware of several cases in which brokers have sold
a domain to an interested party but have not notified PSI-Japan.

By the time we knew about it, one had been deleted and was in redemption
grace and another had been deleted for 33 days and was awaiting the daily dump.

It is registrars to whom the hapless buyers look, not the brokers.  Our
reputations are sullied by the practice.

I propose that we discuss this matter in the Cape Town meetings.

Regards, BobC