[registrars] Verisign batch pool advisory

Donny Simonton donny at intercosmos.com
Wed Oct 6 22:23:17 UTC 2004

Paul,
Actually, when you think about it, it all depends on how many domains that
registrar is attempting to register.  Let's say company A has 5 registrars,
and they have 100 domains they are going after, they could possibly be done
for the day in 5 minutes with a modified check command.  So they wouldn't
pound the registry after those 5 minutes because they don't have any more
domains to register anymore.

Now if company B is going after 5,000 domains with there 5 registrars, they
may be registering domains throughout the entire drop.

I like the idea of the modified check command, but it doesn't solve the
overall problem it just solves other problems.

Donny