[registrars] Verisign batch pool advisory

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Sun Oct 10 21:43:36 UTC 2004

> The reason is that I don't believe 2 will do anything to stop
> the tide of
> *phantom* accreditations just for the purpose of using the
> batch pool. There is too much money at stake for this option
> to be effective.

Both prevent phantom accreditations as such ...... Majority phantom
accreditations were from the players of the market who can now achieve the
same with both the models

Infact now the fact that verisign is taking so much time and the fact that
netsol/tucows etc have a new model - that initself will prevent phantom
accreditations

> So while option 1 may not be ideal either, for now, it will
> make the usefulness of the *phantom* registrars pretty much nil.

Both models have their flaws ..... I would personally want to see the flaws
rectified before adoption of either.

> actually hit the drop list anyway. So I think the future
> value of the batch pool is going to change dramatically.

Has already changed :) .... Lol

- B