[registrars] Timing of Cape Town meetings.

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Tue Oct 19 15:48:15 UTC 2004

Bob,

Please check with Glen or Diane. I believe there has been some informal
discussion about the potential for altering the layout of the meeting.
Although I would fully agree with you that every ICANN meeting to date has
started with Constituencies meeting on Day 1, there may be the potential for
change.

Another important factor for those registrars planning on attending the
CapeTown meeting is the Visa requirements, specifically:

Every person seeking to enter South Africa must be in possession of a valid
passport for travel to South Africa and, where necessary, a visa. Enquiries
can be directed to South African diplomatic representatives abroad or the
Department of Home Affairs in Pretoria. Visitors who intend traveling to
South Africa's neighboring countries and back into South Africa are advised
to apply for multiple entry visas.

In terms of existing arrangements, passport holders of certain countries are
exempt from visa requirements. Tourists must satisfy immigration officers
that they have the means to support themselves during their stay, and that
they are in possession of return or onward air tickets. They must also have
valid international health certificates.

The following Links supplied by The South African Department of Home
Affairs:
Countries exempt from South African visas > Countries subject to South
African visa fees

http://www.sa-venues.com/tourist_and_visitor_information_.htm

Hope this helps.

Best regards,