WG: [registrars] Discussion of EPP 1.0 Transition Issues

Thomas Keller tom at schlund.de
Mon Oct 25 15:54:20 UTC 2004

Tim,

thanks for starting this discussion. In general I agree with you but would
like to add some additional points. These points are not directly related
to changes inside the EPP protokol but given that the Registries are already
changing their systems they might be willing to change a little more for good.

1. This has nothing to do with EPP but with the migration itself. It would be very
   favorable for all Registrars if they would get two sandboxes (to be able to test
   transfers internally) which are a 100% equivalent to the real system with exeption
   of the grace periods.

2. It should be possible to determine a Registrar inside all Registry
   systems by its IANA id.

3. The maintenance notifications should be standardized

4. All relevant informations about an object must be available through
   the EPP system. Out of band communication like having to use whois
   to get contact informations should not be necessary.

Best,

tom,

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\	A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w