[registrars] Regarding staff support for the registrars constituency

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Oct 26 03:47:06 UTC 2004

Hello All,

As a follow up to Rob Hall's email suggesting more staff support.

I would also like to support getting staff support to run the
administrative side of the registrars constituency.

A review of postings to the registrars lists will show that the Exec
committee spends an inordinate amount of time on administration issues
(e.g processes for votes etc), and hence has very little time left for
activities such as outreach to other constituencies.

We need to get much better at outreach to other GNSO constituencies and
organisations outside of ICANN  to get support for initiatives of
interest to the registrars constituency (such as WHOIS improvements).

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin