[registrars] Transfer Facilitation e-mail address

Elmar Knipp elmar.knipp at corenic.org
Thu Oct 28 11:13:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, CHAVANIS Vincent wrote:

> BTW, is there any "standardized" email address?
> (eg transfer-contact at registrarname or transfer-abuse at registrarname)
> Or each registrar have to choose  its own "private" email address for
> transfer ?

Hi Vincent,

I like your idea to have standarised email addresses. But if this address
schema goes to the public (by error, someone forgets to delete the CC etc.),
all registrars are affected and have to change their addresses. So I am in
favour of individual addresses, which probably could not be guessed (e.g.
trans-in-q1 at corenic.org).

<brainstorm-1>

I would like the possibility that every registrar can manage this address
through our new RC website. Could be in the private area of the website. Via a
specified mechanism (ftp, https) every registrar could get a complete list of
all registrars at any time. The list could be pipe separated. For Melbourne IT
and CORE the entry could look like

    IANA-ID | email | comment
    13 | foa-probs at melbourneit.com.au | Melbourne IT, Ltd. d/b/a INW
    15 | trans-in-q1 at corenic.org | CORE Internet Council of Registrars

Because ICANN has to manage the contacts and not all registrars are members of
our constituency, the list should also be transmitted at regular intervals
(daily?) to ICANN.

</brainstorm-1>

<brainstorm-2>

To avoid invalid email addresses, we could write a small robot, which sents
daily test messages to the email addresses. If a mail bounces, the
registrar/ICANN has to be notified.

This helps us all on our daily work.

</brainstorm-2>

Regards,