[registrars] Nominations for Chair.

Jordyn A. Buchanan jbuchanan at register.com
Fri Sep 3 23:16:34 UTC 2004

On Sep 3, 2004, at 7:05 AM, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine
wrote:

> I'm not aware of anyone in this situation, but it seems possible that
> some
> persons who keep track of the politics-and-issues of the RC may hold
> proxy
> votes from some registrars that don't keep track of the
> politics-and-issues
> of the RC.

This is fine, of course.  Tom's original suggestion (and one I support)
was that we devise a way to keep track of which registrar each voting
member represents.  Registrars may designate whoever they want to be
their Registered Representative; the idea is simply to know which
registrar any given voter represents.

This is just one element in the general process of keeping our
membership rolls up to date.  It sounds like there's some confusion
around how to add members as well, so let me add my voice of support
for clarifying that process as well.  It seems that paying the $750
initiation fee should give new registrars the right to vote, at least
until the ongoing budget is clarified.

Jordyn