[registrars] Motion to amend voting procedures.

Bob Connelly rconnell at psi-japan.com
Wed Sep 22 14:23:51 UTC 2004

Dear Members:

During July of 2003, we voted on possible changes in balloting
procedures.  Here were the results of that ballot:

VOTING BALLOT 01 Aug 2003
Post only the collective voting results, not individual results, and only
at the conclusion of the voting period 21%
Post only the collective voting results, not individual results, during the
entire voting period 7%
Post individual voting results, but only at the conclusion of the voting
period. 24%
Continue to post individual voting results, during the entire voting
period.  48%

More than half of our members voted *against* having the voting results
during the voting period.  However, I have been directed to make them
available for the present ballot for our new Chair.

MOTION:
I hereby move that we have a runoff election between the two proposals with
the highest percentage of the prior vote, specifically:

1. Post individual voting results, but only at the conclusion of the voting
period.
2. Continue to post individual voting results, during the entire voting period.

end quote:

I seek five other Members to endorse this motion.  Here is the section of
the Registrars Constituency Rules of Procedure dealing with endorsements to
a motion:

2. Proponent must have five endorsements in order to file the motion.  Such
filing is accomplished by sending the motion and list of endorsements by
electronic means to the Constituency's Secretary.

end quote:

As I see it, any Member may offer an endorsement.   Memberships are held by
ICANN Accredited Registrars who are also Members of the Constituency.  In
other words, the endorsing *person* need not be the voting
member.  Nonetheless, only one endorsement should be accepted from any
Member Registrar.

I look forward to many happy endorsements:-)

Respectfully submitted by:

Robert Connelly, in my individual capacity as a representative of
PSI-Japan, a Member of the Constituency.