[registrars] Lets start on analyzing the .NET RRA

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Wed Aug 3 17:16:02 UTC 2005

Hi all,

* The RC-DotNet RRA Comments working group is officially constituted

* Jon Nevett will be chairing this group

* Our objective is to within the next 2 weeks identify a list of areas which
are of concern in the new .NET RRA. Once again I repeat, the objective is
not to obtain unanimity on them. Even if 2 members within the group are
concerned about a particular area, lets get it on this list of items

* Everyone in this group is asked to study the .NET Contracts. Links below

New RRA can be found at: http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/net/

Old RRA can be found at
http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/net-index.htm Appendix F).

* A good starting point would be Bruce's post to the list which contained
the comparison document of the new .NET RRA with the old. I have attached
the same here. I reiterate bruce's comment that he does not guarantee the
accuracy of the attached comparison document. So you may go through the
above two links separately and perform your own comparison too

* everyone then must post their concerns to this list. I have also copied
the rc mailing list on this email, so that anyone who is not a part of this
group casn send in their comments to Jon Nevett or the rc list itself. Jon
will compile these together too

* Others can comment on these if they choose

* Jon will be responsible for finally collating these comments into one
single document which we can then move ahead with

So lets get working ....

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, Chairman & CEO