[registrars] More clauses removed from new .NET Contract

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Sun Aug 7 20:00:40 UTC 2005

Check out another clause below. The older .NET Agreement had a specific
clause which laid out that all registrars will be treated fairly. This whole
clause is missing in the new .NET agreement. I have pasted the clause below
for reference. I don't see why a clause whose title was "Fair treatment of
ICANN-Accredited Regisrars" should be REMOVED.

I must clarify here that by the older .NET Agreement I mean the one
prevailing before the RFP was posted.

Please click on the link below to access this agreement -

*
http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/registry-agmt-net-25may01.htm

3.5 Fair Treatment of ICANN-Accredited Registrars.

3.5.1 Registry Operator shall provide all ICANN-Accredited Registrars that
have Registry-Registrar Agreements in effect, and that are in compliance
with the terms of such agreements, equivalent access to Registry Operator's
Registry Services, including to its shared registration system.

3.5.2 Registry Operator shall certify to ICANN every six months, using the
objective criteria set forth in Appendix H, that Registry Operator is
providing all such ICANN-Accredited Registrars with equivalent access to its
Registry Services, including to its shared registration system.

3.5.5 Registry Operator will ensure, in a form and through ways described in
Appendix H, that the revenues and assets of Registry Operator are not
utilized to advantage registrars that are affiliated with Registry Operator
to the detriment of other ICANN-Accredited Registrars. For purposes of this
Subsection 3.5.5, funds distributed to debt or equity participants in
Registry Operator shall no longer be deemed revenues and assets of Registry
Operator once they are distributed.

- Bhavin