[registrars] Re: panix.com hijacked

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Sun Jan 16 14:57:03 UTC 2005

On 1/16/2005 12:29 AM Mark Jeftovic noted that:

> There's a thread on NANOG to the effect that panix.com has been
> hijacked from Dotster over to MelbourneIT and it has pretty
> well taken panix.com and its customers offline, see
> http://www.panix.net/

I don't see what you are looking at - .net and .com point to the same
place with no indication of anything awry...of course, I'm late to the
game and the DNS probably tells a different story...

> Looks like this may be among the first high-profile unauthorized
> transfer under the new transfer policy.

Looks like a bunch of guys on the NANOG list engaging in a lot of
conjecture without the benefit of a lot of facts.

> Maybe there needs to some sort of emergency reversion where at least the
> nameservers can be rolled back immediately while the contesting parties
> sort it out.

Might be interesting - what criteria would trigger the process?

	-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one
indispensable condition for social progress."
	- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)