[registrars] RE: Call for Constituency statements on Whois TF 1 & 2 recommendations

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Sun Jan 23 02:42:27 UTC 2005

At 01:03 AM 1/20/05, Thomas Keller wrote:
>Just one remark:
>
>Prescribing the form and scope of *my* legal agreements with *my* registrants
>is inappropriate and without precedent under current agreements. This entire
>clause should be removed from the recommendations.

Dear Thomas and others:  Thomas' posting directs us toward more careful
analysis of the Motion as now drafted.

Many years ago, I was part of a small, on campus Toastmasters Club.  One of
our assignments was to deliver a speech to an antagonistic or hostile audience.

To do so, and to hopefully coopt at least a few of the listeners, it is
necessary to put ones self into the shoes of the audience and carefully
*listen* to our own speech with an open mind.

I fear that our present draft shows tunnel vision and blind self
interest.  I fear that it will fall on deaf ears as presently drafted.

Cordially, BobC

>should be changed to:
>
>Prescribing the form and scope of a *registrars* legal agreements with *its*
>registrants is inappropriate and without precedent under current agreements.
>This entire clause should be removed from the recommendations.
>
>Best

New Email Address from 9 January 2005
rconnell at domainsonly.com