[registrars] DOC will not cede control over ICANN??

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at logicboxes.com
Mon Jul 4 18:27:22 UTC 2005

> > Does anyone have the link to the actual declaration made by the DOC?
>
> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/USDNSprinciples_06
302005.htm

> As Milton points out, this is very different than what we
> originally bargained for.

My bigger concern about this is that comments like these further aggravate
various worldwide governments to try and wrest control of these functions
away from ICANN to the ITU ..... Which was DEFINITELY not what we bargained
for. An event like this can take away years of hard public relations work
put in by ICANN and others.

Another concern of mine is that the statement seems to have been made matter
of factly - almost as if they were supposed to do this and that noone can
stop them from doing this.

Hopefully we will get some insight on this at Lux. We have the board and
paul twomey visiting us for a bit

bhavin