[registrars] [Fwd: [council] Removing Price Caps on Registry Fees]

Marcus Faure faure at globvill.de
Wed Jul 6 08:48:41 UTC 2005

Hello,

this is the first time ever that I hear about the possiblity to have the
registry decide itself what the pricing should be. VGRS has received a
superior ranking in the Telcordia support for its pricing. If the domainyear
would again cost 6 USD in 2007 (or maybe 6.75 USD including ICANN fees?)
the logical ranking VGRS should have received would be the worst of all
bidders.
As I have not even seen an official announcement that VGRS is its own
successor, I believe that they have used the negotiating power of the
timeline to pressure ICANN to accept this "favour". I am sure that, if
ICANN really signs this version, it violates its own process and will be
an easy target in a lawsuit.

Yours,
Marcus