[registrars] Registrars and the Warehousing of Domain Names

Thomas Barrett - EnCirca tbarrett at encirca.biz
Tue Jun 7 17:33:18 UTC 2005

 Mike,

Is this even an issue anymore? I realize that the RAA has a clause in the
event ICANN decides to develop a warehousing policy but no such policy
exists.  It strikes me as just another business model registrars can choose
to pursue.

And now Venture Capitalists are starting to buy up registrars with large
portfolios, which will lead to even more warehousing.

It is now commonplace for trademark owners and large portfolio owners to
simply become registrars themselves to manage their own inventory, making
this appear to be a moot issue.

Do you foresee a PDP to address warehousing?

Regards,

Tom