[registrars] Registrars and the Warehousing of Domain Names

Paul Stahura stahura at enom.com
Sun Jun 12 18:42:42 UTC 2005

Michael,

I agree that we should keep on top of this issue.  Thanks for keeping us
posted.  I also agree with Tom.  I think this dormant provision should
be removed from the RAA on the next go-round.  We have the entire
consensus policy thing (which would bind all of us on any new policy)
anyway, so why have a separate RAA stand-by provision for this special
case at all?

Paul

Tom:

I do not have an opinion one way or the other. I was just bringing this
article to the constituency's attention as it could become an issue in
connection with the current revisions to the RAA or in connection with
some
future GNSO Consensus Policy that could be imposed on registrars. In the
alternative the warehousing carve-out provision may remain dormant. I
simply
do not know, nor do I have any information what would enable me to
speculate
one way or another.

I just thought it was something that people should track on their radar
screens, however, people are always free to disagree with me :-)

Best regards,

Michael