[registrars] Add Grace Deletions abuse: Holding a workshop at Luxembourg

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Wed Jun 15 01:39:37 UTC 2005

Hi all,

There have been a large number of posts by everyone on the Add Grace period
deletions and various models that could be adopted to resolve the issue. It
has been suggested we hold a constructive workshop about this at Luxembourg
similar to the one we had in capetown for the batch pool. There is
sufficient interest that this topic has generated to warrant this.

This will be a 2 hour odd workshop (exact duration undecided) conducted most
likely in the registrar constituency meeting room. Anyone will be free to
participate. I will invite various people who are interested to present
papers and presentations on their views about this add grace period deletion
abuse and how it should be handled if at all they feel it should be handled.

A workshop like this will give all of us an idea as to what the general
feeling is and what general direction we should be heading towards. This
workshop will be attended by Registries and Registrars and other industry
players. Anyone from any of these constituencies or any other player may
present their ideas and viewpoint at this workshop.

Treat this email as an informal call for papers and participants interested
in presenting them.

Please send me an email if you wish to present a paper on this subject with
a small brief (single para) on the contents of your paper.

If I get an adequate response and interest I will intimate everyone and make
this officially a part of the agenda in the next few days.

I will also be communicating with the Registries constituency and other
players about this.

Please feel free to forward this communication to anyone else you know who
might be interested in this topic in terms of making a presentation or
attending it

Looking forward to hearing from all of you

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, Chairman & CEO
Directi