[registrars] Notices from Boardrooms.org

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Sat Jun 18 04:27:11 UTC 2005

At 01:28 PM 6/17/05, Rob Hall wrote:
>Bob,
>
>We already have rules of procedures and bylaws, do we not ?

Dear Rob: Elana formed a By-Laws Task Force about two years ago -- which
did nothing.  Bhavin formed one, which is now in place.  The RoP just don't
work.  Part II appears to have been drafted by cutting Part I and pasting
it into Part II.  There is no reference to "seconding a nomination".  It
says there needs to be a nomination and two endorsements.  Throughout Part
II it refers to "motion" rather than "nomination".  It says "the motion
shall be discussed for 14 days".

Elana set aside RoP Part II and I was directed to ignore it and use a more
conventional nomination and seconding format.

Jon has crafted an excellent amendment to my original motion, which I have
accepted as a "friendly" amendment.

Hope this fills in the background.