[registrars] Taskforce for New RAA Discussions

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Wed Mar 30 20:16:27 UTC 2005

Bhavin Turakhia wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I propose that we form a small team within the Registrars constituency that
> will record all the items that we as Registrars feel should be considered
> and then represent our interests in discussions with ICANN about the new
> RAA.
>
> If all are in agreement, then please shoot an email to the list if you wish
> to be on this taskforce to discuss the areas of change/update in the RAA
> with ICANN

Your proposal presumes that changing the contract is appropriate. ICANN
has stated that it should be updated, but this does not necessarily make
it so. My preference would be to listen to their presentation in MdP and
discuss our reaction at that time.

Personally, I am not aware of any compelling reasons why the RAA needs
to be renegotiated. I'm open to discussion on this point, but this
hasn't happened yet.

--

                       -rwr

Contact info: http://www.blogware.com/profiles/ross
Skydasher: A great way to start your day
My weblog: http://www.byte.org