[registrars] Regarding transition to market forces

Mitchell, Champ Cmitchell at networksolutions.com
Fri Nov 25 02:45:48 UTC 2005

Folks,

Discussion of pricing among competitors, even in the most general terms, makes me very uncomfortable. We have never done so and  it is not an appropriate topic for this forum. I don't mean to sound stodgy, but I spent a lot of years as an antitrust lawyer and I guess I am just sensitive to the subject.

On the other hand, discussing the costs being imposed upon us and thereby on the consuming public by monopolists with the consent of and under a monopoly granted both directly and indirectly by a Department of the United States Government, and in addition by monopolies that remain subject to the oversight of that Department, is not only appropriate, but is our obligation to consumers and the right of every citizen of this country.

So with all respect, I urge that we limit our comments on economics to the unjustified increases in registry fees orchestrated by these two monopolist acting in concert. Thanks, Champ