[registrars] RE: PLEASE confirm your support of this Statement

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Mon Nov 28 17:17:35 UTC 2005

At 07:12 AM 11/23/05, Paul Stahura wrote:
>There is a bigger difference between a
>system-efficient registrar who can sell names break-even at $7 and one
>who is less efficient and who can sell them break-even at $10 ($3
>difference, yet one is 30% less than the other) than $14 and $17 (same
>$3 difference, yet now one is only 17.6% less).  Efficiency becomes less
>of a differentiator among competitions both with higher prices.

Dear Paul:  Yet many large registrars continue to lobby for quantity
discounts.  Why?  To run their smaller competitors out of business (many of
whom give personalized services to their registrants!!!

We're agin' quantity discounts.

Regards, BobC

[Sent 23 November.  I don't know why it did not reach the list. BobC]

The original message was received at Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:58:47 -0500
from pimout1-int.prodigy.net [207.115.5.65]

<registrars at dnso.org>
     (reason: 550 5.7.1 <registrars at dnso.org>... Relaying denied)

... while talking to pechora.icann.org.:

 >>> DATA

<<< 550 5.7.1 <registrars at dnso.org>... Relaying denied
550 5.1.1 <registrars at dnso.org>... User unknown
<<< 503 5.0.0 Need RCPT (recipient)