[registrars] Ballot Request: Adopt as Constituency Position

Jay Westerdal jwesterdal at nameintel.com
Wed Oct 5 18:32:46 UTC 2005

Paul,
I would propose Registries follow a documented procedure for showing
expiration date since they are not authoritative instead of just hiding the
field flat out:

On expiration:
A) if Auto-renewed by Registry
   1) Hide Expiration date with the words "Pending Registrar Action".
   2) After 45 days, set expiration date to be a year from initial
Expiration Date.
B) if Explicitly renewed by Registrar
   1) Show new date

Ross if you would like to except this as a friendly amendment I would second
your initial motion. I am not in favor of taking the expiration date away
from ISP, Hosting Companies, Advisers, Friends, and Family of the domain
owners at the Registry level but everything else in your motion looks good.

Jay Westerdal
Name Intelligence, Inc.
http://www.nameintelligence.com