[registrars] Ballot Request: Adopt as Constituency Position

John Berryhill john at johnberryhill.com
Thu Oct 6 18:10:41 UTC 2005

I second Jay's motion to keep the expiration date field in the registry
data.

The word "expire" has taken on somewhat variant meanings, as it may refer to
expiration of the registrant's contract with the registrar, or expiration of
the domain name registration term with the registry.  Those two
"expirations" have become de-coupled under the current registration
contracts used by several registrars, which purport to obtain the
registrant's consent to transfer the domain name to another party after
expiration of the registration contract term.

(Query the validity of defining a contract term, and then obtaining consent
to post-term actions)