[registrars] ICANN Invoice

Robbie Birkner rbirkner at key-systems.net
Wed Sep 7 13:36:29 UTC 2005

Dear Members,

just recently we received our ICANN fourth quarter of the fiscal year
invoice.

In the cover letter was stated:

"For your information, a registrar that was active the entire year, paid a per registrar variable fee of $ 8,809. Those registrars that applied for and were found eligible for relief paid one-third of the variable fee amount. The number of registrars that have received forgiveness of a portion of the fees has varied from quarter to quarter. The maximum number in any one quarter is 29".

Question for the consitutency:
As mostly all registrars are financing a great deal of ICANN and we are
basically all sitting in the same boat, we would like to see the
procedure of "forgiveness" to be a transparent one, providing the paying
registrars with information on the registrars that were granted
forgiveness on a quarterly basis.

Any opinions? Would this be something, that could be of interest to the
constituency?

Robbie
Key-Systems GmbH