[registrars] [Fwd: [gnso-dow123] WHOIS tf Preliminary Report open for Public Comment 12 Sept. to 2 October 2005]

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Sat Sep 17 06:18:56 UTC 2005

Marcus Faure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looks reasonable. Are we going to vote on this as a constituency?

The constituency has already voted at an earlier stage a few weeks back.
I'm not sure that it would be needed at this point - our path forward is
quite clear, the issue is relatively non-controversial, etc. I believe
that the constituency wishes are quite clear on this and that the GNSO
reps will continue to support the policy recommendation.

On the other hand, if the constituency view has changed and we no longer
wish to support the recommendation, a vote would be useful to ensure
that we have a proper understanding of the constituency consensus to
guide our actions within Council.

-rwr