[registrars] Status report on single letter domain names

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Sep 21 02:35:12 UTC 2005

Hello John,

> Of course, the new gtlds have restrictions which would have
> interesting implications if applied retroactively.

Yes - quite a few of these restrictions just appeared in the new gtld
agreements without any policy basis.   Also I suspect that most
registrars did not play as close attention to many of the recent
contracts until the new .net agreement was approved.  When we spotted
all the differences we were told that these were already in recent tld
agreements like .jobs.

Regards,
Bruce