[registrars] Stepping down from the Constituency Chair nomination

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Thu Apr 27 15:20:08 UTC 2006

At 11:49 PM 4/26/06, Bhavin Turakhia wrote:
>My sincerest thanks to EVERY member of this constituency for putting their
>faith in me for the last two terms and supporting me and the ex-comm in
>various ways.

Dear Bhavin:  That's quite a shock.  You have advanced so many important
initiatives and yet there are a few more I was hoping you would have time
to bring to the fore.

Also, I would rather see a bit more geographic diversity in Excom.  Not
that I would oppose Jon, I've been most impressed with the depth of the
substance and the research he has brought to our negotiations.

However, not only are all four nominees in North America, but all are U.S.
citizens.

How about some others?  Here is a brief list of members who have been
active participants in recent ICANN Meetings, who could bring some
geographic diversity to Excom.  Certainly, it is not a comprehensive list,
I just looked at my set of tent cards and rosters, looking for active
participants from other than North America:

Henning Grote of Deutsche Telekom
Jens Wagner of Key-Systems
Erik Knudsen of Ascio Technologies
Claudio Coretta of Register IT SpA
Jordi Hinojsa of Nominalia
Maria Silva of Interdomain.org

Will one of you step forward, or other interested members?  You don't need
to be the voting member to be a candidate.  You only need the support of
your member company.

Regards, BobC