[registrars] Stepping down from the Constituency Chair nomination

Robert F. Connelly BobC at awesome-goo.com
Fri Apr 28 00:59:07 UTC 2006

At 03:11 PM 4/27/06, Tim Ruiz wrote:

>Bob, not sure what you meant in the above comment, but to be clear, all
>of the candidates have been seconded. And all except John Berryhill
>have accepted and posted their COI statements.

Dear Tim:  Oops, sorry about that.

<snip>

>Finally, Bhavin placed the deadline for nominations as 4/26/06. Not sure
>what the procedure would be to reopen it, or if there is one. But there
>isn't exactly an avalanche of interest.

It seems to me that Bhavin's act of withdrawing on *the_day_after* he
proposed closing nominations has some implications.  Our geographical
diversity depended upon his candidacy   *Bhavin* should therefore reopen
nominations.  Those who nominated and seconded his nomination, and those of
us who stood by silently and approved, deserve no less than that:

Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:19:18 +0530
Thank you Marcus and Richard for nominating me,

I have given this some thought, and had some discussions with Jon. I had
taken up the position of Chair after significant deliberation 2 years ago.

end quote:

Cordially, BobC