[registrars] Whois issue

Sam BAVAFA s.bavafa at french-connexion.fr
Thu Dec 21 17:12:38 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

It was nice seeing some of you in the last ICANN meeting.

I have a question about the whois issue that i may ask to Jordan Buchanan
but if someone can help it would be good.

As you know, the whois task force is up to make a choice between few
diofferent models of multilevel access to the whois database containing
perosnal informations.

BTW, only an accredited registrar can access to the whois personal datas.
But, if we consider that a spammer or phisher can use many ways to access to
these infos, he can just apply and become an icann registrar and get the
full infos of everybody from the database !

Am i wrong ?

Jordan interview is here : http://www.domaine.info/content/view/1310/193/

Best Regards
Cordialement