[registrars] Followup/clarification on yesterday's statement in confcall

Marcus Faure faure at globvill.de
Wed Jun 21 08:30:23 UTC 2006

Hi all,

thinking about yesterday's call I realised that I created a
misunderstanding.
CORE's position on the 25c per-domain fee for registrars is that this
model will not work for certain TLDs that are looking at high numbers
and may want to promote their TLD by free promotions that would allow
registrars to bundle a domain with another product. We encourage a
different model that introduces a variable fee based on the registry
price to the registrar. This can either be a percentage or we can
define price ranges, e.g.

rregistry price ICANN registrar fee
0-1$            0.00c
1-2$            0.05c