[registrars] Revised shorter statement

Yoav Keren yoav at dtnt.com
Tue Jun 27 09:48:15 UTC 2006

Domain The Net supports this statement.

Yoav

  <http://www.domainthenet.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-registrars at gnso.icann.org
[mailto:owner-registrars at gnso.icann.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Tonkin
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 8:02 PM
To: Registrars Constituency
Subject: [registrars] Revised shorter statement

Hello All,

Here is a revised statement as modified in further discussion today.

Again please respond if you support this statement.

Thanks,

Bruce Tonkin

We the undersigned registrars wish to confirm that we will continue to

collect the data (commonly called WHOIS data) as required by the

registrar accreditation agreement (all of which is currently displayed

to the general public), and will continue to provide access to such data

by law enforcement, intellectual property, ISPs, and others through

appropriate processes.   Registrars are open to improve those processes

for more efficient access by legitimate users.

Registrars store this information for the lifetime of their agreement

with ICANN plus an additional 3 years.

Registrars also note that other useful data such as the IP (Internet

Protocol) address used by a registrant when registering a domain name

and credit card information is also stored.  This information is also

available for law enforcement access through appropriate processes.

Registrars continue to support privacy protection for the Personal Data

of natural persons.